This policy applies to all non-public, personal information that may be used to identify you as a visitor to this site, as our customer, or as a potential customer ("Personal Information"), that is obtained by us in connection with this Web site or providing a product or service to you as part of our U.S. operations. With regard to our international operations, your Personal Information may be handled differently in order to comply with local privacy laws.
Collection of Personal Information
We rely on many sources of information to understand and meet our customers' and potential customers' needs and to fulfill our business objectives, including Personal Information that may be collected by the UniGroup Companies or our agents, dealers, van operators or other representatives or third-party companies authorized to act on our behalf ("Representatives"). These sources may include:
- Information you provide to us or to our Representatives in person or on the telephone;
- Information provided when you visit our Web sites or communicate with us by email;
- Information that you may supply to us in written or electronic surveys;
- Information about your past transactions with any of the UniGroup companies;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies; or
- Information from anyone that you have authorized to provide such information to us.
This information may include your name, street and email address, phone number, and may also include financial information, such as credit card or other bank account data. In the case of moving and storage services, this information may also include your origin address and destination address, details about the nature of the goods being shipped, and the names and contact information for other persons involved in the shipment or authorized to provide direction on your behalf.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information on our Web sites directly from children and will destroy such information if we become aware that a child has disclosed such information to us without proper parental consent.
What We Do With Your Personal Information
How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Provide Services.We may use the Personal Information that you provide in order to respond to a request for an estimate; furnish a product or service to you; respond to your email or other inquiry; to help improve our services; or to send to you updates or notices about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you. In order to provide you with the full range of services you request from us, it may be necessary for us to share Personal Information among the UniGroup Companies or with our Representatives, or other companies that we have engaged to provide services on our behalf.
- Conduct Surveys.From time to time, we may use survey forms to better understand our customers' needs, to evaluate our services, and to create products and services that respond to their interests. Customers may decline to participate in these surveys. The UniGroup Companies will not disclose survey response information outside of the UniGroup Companies, other than to our survey vendor(s) who assist us in collecting and analyzing such information or to our Representatives or other authorized service providers, solely for the purpose of improving our products and services.
- Comply With Legal Processes.There are situations where we may disclose to third parties the Personal Information we collect as permitted or required by law. This may include disclosure to government entities, courts or other entities, such as in response to subpoenas or other legal or regulatory processes, or to protect against fraud.
- Other Business Interests.We may also combine your Personal Information with other consumers' Personal Information or other publicly available information to help us satisfy our legitimate business interests, such as performing trend analysis or market studies; identify consumer preferences or interests; set prices; perform billing functions; establish credit; or comply with government regulations. We may also share anonymized data, such as statistical or demographic information in aggregate form, with third parties for research or marketing purposes. However, this anonymized data will not contain your individually identifiable Personal Information.
- Credit Reporting Agencies.We may report information about your account(s) to credit bureaus and/or consumer reporting agencies. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account(s) may be reflected in your credit report and/or consumer report.
We use reasonable measures to safeguard the security and integrity of your Personal Information through procedures and technology designed for that purpose. For example:
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information.
- We regularly assess our security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to Personal Information.
- All employees and Representatives of the UniGroup Companies are required to abide by our privacy policies.
- We maintain Personal Information only as long as needed for legitimate business purposes, or as required by contractual or legal requirements.
- We dispose of Personal Information in accordance with our Records Retention Policy.
- We limit access to Personal Information about you to those employees and representatives who need to know that information to provide our products and services to you.
You should always safeguard your own Personal Information by protecting any passwords or other identifying information used to access your account with UniGroup and by safely disposing of any records or reports that are no longer needed.
Other Terms and Conditions
In addition, if you are one of our customers, you should also check your contract with us, which may contain distinct terms and conditions, limitations of liability and/or disclaimers of warranty applicable generally to the products or services provided by the UniGroup Companies. Although we make reasonable efforts to limit access to our facilities and vehicles to authorized representatives, we are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of information that is printed and placed in plain view on a shipping carton.
Cookies and Internet-Related Information
A cookie is a small text file that may be placed in your browser by websites you visit and the content partners for those sites. You can use the preferences in your browser to view, control and delete the cookies you have by, for example, emptying the cache in your browser. You may check the "Help" menu on your Internet browser for more information, or check with your browser provider.
Cookies help websites remember visitors when they return to the site. For example, a cookie can help a website remember that you've already registered, so you don't have to sign in again each time you visit. Essentially, cookies are used to customize websites based on the content you view and the preferences you have indicated.
Cookies may be used by the UniGroup Companies to (i) allow us to personalize information for certain customers, (ii) allow us to associate individual customers with their information profiles, (iii) keep track of and administer your status, preferences, business information and other information provided by you, (iv) for security purposes, and (v) to understand visitor usage of the UniGroup Companies' Web sites on an anonymous basis.
You may remove any cookies placed by UniGroup as described above or "opt out" of receiving advertisements or other cookies by using services such as those provided by the Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative. You may find more information about their members and the "opt out" process by going to their websites at www.aboutads.info/choices
In addition to the Personal Information described previously, the Web servers for UniGroup hosted Web sites use an extended log file format which captures other information about your activity on our site including the date and time of visit; referring address (location from which a visitor comes to our site); type of Internet browser; and Internet Protocol (IP) address. This activity is part of the normal function of Internet activity and the log file does not capture your email address. We use this information to maintain and secure our websites, monitor usage patterns, protect our intellectual property, and improve the appearance and content.
Visiting Other Internet Sites
Other Internet sites you visit hosted by third-party businesses, including those linked to the UniGroup Companies' websites, may have their own privacy policies or no policy at all. Other websites may use Personal Information differently than we do, and the UniGroup Companies are not responsible or liable for the independent privacy policies of those third-party sites. The inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply that the UniGroup Companies endorse the third party company, its Internet site, or any products or services that it may promote or sell.
When you leave one of our sites to visit one of those sites, the information transferred to the third party may include the referring address, which discloses the fact that you came from our website. This practice allows the third party to monitor its own Internet traffic.
Access, Questions and Concerns
UniGroup will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to access your Personal Information that we have collected, correct it if it is inaccurate, or delete it as appropriate. Any such requests must be reasonable in number and scope. UniGroup reserves the right to deny access to information where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy or where the rights of other individuals may be violated. If you wish to make a request to access your Personal Information, or have any questions or concerns about our policies or practices, please contact UniGroup at firstname.lastname@example.org