An Important Message from Marc Rogers, UniGroup’s President and CEO
As our country and the world continue to watch and be impacted by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, we want to share how UniGroup (the parent company of UniGroup Logistics) is responding. At the heart of every move are people: logistics customers, service providers, drivers, vendors and employees. While the health and safety of all of those involved are always our highest priority, it is especially important during this time.
Our Commitment to You
We are committed to safety. In these unprecedented times, we take our role as essential service providers very seriously. We will continue to provide services to our communities, while following recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), while working to protect our customers and front-line employees.
As most companies throughout the country, UniGroup has implemented its business continuity plan. While staff are working remotely, they are available to customers, agents and drivers during the same business hours and in the same manner as if they were working in the office.
Specific Response Actions
In implementing our business continuity plan, we:
- Assembled a Task Force at UniGroup’s Home Office to focus on operations and communication during this unprecedented time. The team stays up to date with the ever-changing situation and is in contact with the team daily.
- Established a central email and 800# to streamline incoming communications to quickly review, disseminate to the appropriate parties involved and respond.
- Monitor guidance issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO), providing the latest links on our public and internal websites.
- Practice the CDC issued guidance for Business and Employers.
- Develop, update and publish FAQs for agents and van operators repeatedly as new information is available.
- Communicate with agents through a weekly email, urgent communications, intranet and phone conversations. In a time like this, there’s no such thing as too much information or too much communication.
Providing Essential Services
UniGroup and our operating companies understand providing transportation and logistics services to clients and customers an essential service. We are open for business and are working closely with our agents, and their crews and van operators, to continue to conduct business safely. We realize in these uncertain times, there can be angst and concern. As we remain compliant with all government restrictions on businesses, we are committed to doing our best to provide the services to load, transport and deliver household goods or commercial products our customers need.
Thank you and we wish everyone the best during this difficult time – stay safe and well.
UniGroup President and CEO
Are you servicing Virus “hotspots”?
If we are doing business in an identified virus “hotspot,” we are following the CDC mitigation strategies. We may have additional questions prior to arrival in these locations.
What additional steps have you taken to ensure safe transfer of goods?
We are coaching drivers on individual and team member sanitation and hygiene best practices.
What do I do if I know the virus may be active at the delivery location and want to change the delivery date?
It may be possible to delay the delivery, so please contact us as soon as possible to discuss details related to any changes. We will also run through the extra safety precautions we have put into place. If you are not considered at risk, we may want to proceed.
What if my team feels ill the day of delivery?
If your team receiving the shipment is not feeling well the day of delivery, please alert the driver upon arrival. They know the actions to take in the event of a situation where the virus may be active. In these cases, the driver will likely tactfully excuse themselves from the situation and reach out to Planning and Dispatch who will engage with you to determine next steps.
If you have unanswered COVID-19 questions about a scheduled move, please call 888-705-3350 to listen to a recorded message.